Winter White

My gift to you this Holiday Season.
This easy-to-make and fun-to-give pincushion is called Winter White.
I love to give homemade things and I know we all live busy lives so I designed this pincushion with that in mind. Its super easy and fast to make. The stores are filled with beautiful ornaments so I couldn’t resist adding this little dove to my pincushion.

  


Winter White Pincushion Pattern
Ingredients
One little clip-on bird or other ornament
Three squares of Holiday fabric 8 ½”, 6 ½”, 4 ½”
Three squares of Creamy/white fabric
8 ½”, 6 ½”, 4 ½”
Creamy/white print for the tie 3 ½” by 38”
Batting squares 8 ½”, 6 ½”, 4 ½”
Poly stuffing and poly pellets Craft size package
Step One - The Pincushion

Place the 8 ½” Holiday fabric square on top of the 8 ½” square of batting, right side up.  Quilt as desired.

Once quilted place the 8 ½”  square on top of the 8 ½” creamy/white fabric, right sides together.  Using a walking foot, sew ¼” around the perimeter leaving a 2” opening to turn right sides out.  Before you turn the square right sides out, be sure to clip the corners to get rid of the bulk, making sure you do not cut into the sewn line.  Now turn the square right sides out.  Firmly stuff with poly fill and plastic pellets to add weight.  Hand stitch the opening closed.

Repeat these steps with the fabric and batting for the 6 ½” pin cushion and the 4 ½”pincushion. 
Place them on top of one another with the 8 ½” pin cushion on the bottom, the 6 ½” pincushion in the middle and the 4 ½” pincushion on top.
Step Two - Tie

Fold the 3 ½” by 38” strip of creamy/white print in half, right sides together.  Sew ¼” down the side and on a diagonal across both ends, leaving a 3” opening in the middle to turn right sides out.  Turn and stitch the opening closed.

Wrap the Tie around the pincushions, and secure with a bow on the top and add your ornament.







From my sewing room to yours … I hope you enjoy this winter white pincushion!



31 comments:

  1. It`s super cool.Thanks for the tutorial!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tutorial I love the pin cushions

    ReplyDelete
  3. Obrigada,ficou maravilhosamente delicado.Deus te abençoe e a sua criatividade que sempre me encantam.Beijos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, Margot...and generous. Wishing you the best this holiday season.
    xoxo
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is perfect! I needed a small handmade gift for an exchange and this will do the trick. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I wish I had seen this before I mailed off my secret santa pkg! My secret pal loves pinchusions and this one is beautiful!
    hulseybg at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful piece and would be a nice gift to make for others.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this pincushion! Makes for a perfect gift for anyone. Thank you for sharing your great tutorial.

    Have a super great sewing and stitching day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. sweet,thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very, very sweet. Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute little pin cushions and the bird makes them even more festive.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for the tutorial for the cute pincushion. I always enjoy looking at your quilt patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sew adorable! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your pup! I have 5.....yup....5 of my own!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a cute idea, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very cute! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very nice pattern for a pin cushion. Thanks for participating in the blog hop.
    Regards from Western Canada,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my, how precious. I love your bird and the pincushion on which he sits.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am so addicted to pincushions! They are like potato chips! You can't have just one! Now I just have to have this one!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very nice! I loved it :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my goodness your patterns are adorable I'm so glad I found you and the pincushion is one of the cutest I've seen. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very cute, thank you

    ReplyDelete
  25. Anonymous11/15/2012

    SO NEAT!
    THANKS FOR SHARING!

    msstitcher1948@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thank you so much for the pin cushion tutorial. It is such a cute idea for gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Very nice, thanks for the information.

    ReplyDelete
  28. delicious! you - the master!

    ReplyDelete
  29. The pincushion is delightful. Thank you.
    Jania

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thank you for the lovely pattern. What is the name of the fabric line you used for your pincushion. I love the little snowmen,trees and candy canes.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I, too, would love to know the name of the fabric line used in the pincushions -- which are darling!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment, I love to read them!
Margot